Department of Music
- Developing your musical career path in UW-Milwaukee's excellent conservatory-style program, couched within an inspiring multifaceted environment of academic disciplines.
- Learning with fellow students from all over the world who share your passion for and talent in music.
- Performing in the beautiful 758-seat Bader Concert Hall in the Helene Zelazo Performing Arts Center.
- Working with a world-renowned faculty of artist-teachers who have active professional careers as performers, composers, and authors.
- Participating in master classes and coachings with famous musicians such as Edo de Waart, Leo Kottke, David Fallows, Jon Faddis, Adrienne Danrich, Eph Eli, Robert Decker, Alex de Grassi and Bill Koehler.
- Studying in Milwaukee, a thriving urban city that has a long history as a dynamic, progressive, and prominent arts scene.
- Joining the ranks of our Music alumni who enjoy excellent reputations performing, teaching and creating around the country and the world.
We'd love to see you here. For more information about studying Music at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Peck School of the Arts, Department of Music, please refer to the resources to the right or contact contact.uwm.edu.
Areas of Study
BFA - Performance: Winds, Brass, Percussion, Strings, Piano & Organ, Guitar, Multiple Woodwinds, Jazz, Voice, History & Literature, Composition & Technology, Music Education, Musical Theatre
MM - Chamber Music Performance, Collaborative Piano, Conducting, Theory and Composition, Music Education, History & Literature, Performance, String Pedagogy, Opera & Vocal Arts
MM/MLIS - Music Librarian
- Music - UWM Guitar students claim top three prizes at 2014 Wilson Center Guitar Competition
- Music - Vocal Performance student chosen to perform at 9/11 Ceremony at War Memorial Center
- Music - String Academy of Wisconsin is now enrolling!
- Music - With time still on her side, guitarist earns second degree
- Music - Guitar student places first at Sierra Nevada International Guitar Competition