School Bands in the 21st Century
The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Department of Music and Brass Bell Music present School Bands in the 21st Century
A Workshop for Middle School and High School Band Directors with guest clinician Mark Camphouse
Friday, November 22, 2013 8:00am-5:00pm (in conjunction with the annual honors band festival)
Zelazo Center for the Performing Arts, 2419 E. Kenwood Blvd, Milwaukee, WI
$75 (includes lunch and $30 gift certificate to Brass Bell)
Graduate Credit AvailableThis workshop is available for 1 graduate credit hour. Additional fees apply. See below for registration instructions.
- Integrating Technology into the Band Rehearsal
- Score Study and Preparation
- Student Learning
- Survey of Middle School and High School Band Literature
Mark Camphouse, Noted Composer and Professor of Music, George Mason University
John Climer, Professor and Director of Bands, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Scott Corley, Assistant Director of Bands, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Sheila Feay-Shaw, Associate Professor of Music Education, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Jon B. Gilliland, Former Fine Arts Coordinator, Appleton Area School District
Catherine Robertson, Lecturer, Music Education, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Steve Sveum, Director of Bands, Sun Prairie High School
How To Register
There are two registration options available:
For non-credit registration, please contact the UWM Peck School of the Arts Box Office
- Over the Phone*: call 414-229-4308
- Online*: arts.uwm.edu/tickets
- In person**: visit the UWM PSOA Box Office located in the Zelazo Center for the Performing Arts, 2419 E. Kenwood Blvd., Milwaukee, WI 53211. The Box Office is open Tuesday-Saturday from 11am-7pm and one hour prior to each performance (we accept cash, check, visa or mastercard).
- On-site**: on the day of the workshop, you may register on-site with the UWM PSOA Box Office, which will be open from 8am-9am
*methods of payment: we accept visa and mastercard and a $4 convenience fee applies
**methods of payment: we accept cash, check, visa or mastercard, no convenience fee applies
For Graduate Credit registration:
- Complete the online application to UWM as a non-degree seeking student. You must be admitted to UWM before you can enroll.
- The title of the workshop is “School Bands in the 21st Century” The course number is MUS 489, Section 006, Class # 44419. Please follow these enrollment procedures.
- The deadline to apply for credit is Monday, November 18, 2013.
- The Graduate Fee schedule is located on the Bursar Office website.