Ensembles / Performing Organizations
So, you’re not a music major but still want to have fun in a large ensemble or choir? No problem – UWM’s Peck School of the Arts has a group that’s right for you.
- University Band (Music 31) MW 3-4:30 pm
- University Choir (Music 45) TR 1-2:30 pm
- Men's Chorus (Music 51) TR 3-3:50 pm
- Women's Chorus (Music 53) MWF 1-1:50 pm
- University Symphony Orchestra (Music 82) TR 1-3:50 pm
- University Community Orchestra (Music 81) W 7-9:30 pm
Register on PAWS today!
Join the Herd: Connect. Escape. Play.
University Band and University Community Orchestra do not require a formal audition. Find the course listing, register, and then attend the first class meeting. All other ensembles require an audition.
- Choral ensembles: Concert Chorale, Gospel Choir, Men’s Chorus, Women’s Chorus, and University Choir hold auditions during the first week of each semester.
- Jazz Ensembles
- Panther (Pep) Band is open to any student who is concurrently registered for any large instrumental ensemble.
- Symphony Band, Symphony Orchestra, and Wind Ensemble
The auditioned instrumental ensembles (Jazz Ensemble, Symphony Orchestra, Symphony Band, and Wind Ensemble) hold auditions for music majors during the first week of each fall semester. Non-majors who wish to participate in an auditioned ensemble should contact the director/conductor of that group.
Students who wish to become involved in the auditioned instrumental ensembles after the fall auditions should contact the respective director/conductor.UWM Large (Instrumental) Ensemble Audition Excerpts for 2014-15: Symphony Orchestra, Symphony Band, Wind Ensemble
Brass & Woodwind Students - call 414-229-5641 for your audition appointment time.
String Students - call 414-229-4609 for your audition appointment time.
Class conflicts will be accommodated.