Department of Theatre
Theatre at the Peck School challenges every student to undergo a personal metamorphosis and access the talent within, becoming an artist who can dream, imagine, and engage the world.
The Department supports student learning through creative practice, performance, and production. It teaches theatre as a way of changing, exploring, analyzing, reflecting, and affecting society and the people in it. The department’s goal is to provide students with lifelong skills they can apply in lasting, strong and meaningful ways thorough out their lives.
The collaborative process of theatre, bringing professional expertise into the classroom, and building a solid educational foundation for our students is enhanced by UWM’s urban setting that fosters access to a thriving professional arts community through service learning, mentoring and internships, fieldwork, and practicum placements.
Achieve your theatre-related goals – learn more about the Peck School Theatre experience today.
- Take 5 with Jim Plaisted of the North Ave. BID: CRE Guide
- Emmons is new dean of UWM's Peck School of the Arts
- Emmons named dean of UWM's Peck School of the Arts
- Inter-Arts - Musical Theatre Students and Alumni cast into "Waiting... A Song Cycle," an NYC Off-Broadway Production
- Congratulations to the 2013 Peck School of the Arts Length of Service Award recipients!