Query Library and Hyperion Tips
If you are having trouble with Hyperion, here are a couple of things to check.
- If you are accessing the Workspace, you need to use Internet Explorer (IE) 7, 8 or 9.
- If you are on Windows 7, using the Hyperion web plug-in, you must use the 32 bit version of IE 9. (if you look under About Internet Explorer and you are using 64bit, you will see 64bit displayed. 32bit shows no indication.)
- Verify that *.wisconsin.edu is included in the Trusted Sites ( Internet Options -- Security -- Trusted Sites -- Sites ).
Documents can be opened in HTML or Interactive Reporting Web Client (IRWC) Hyperion plugin format. Most UWM-published documents were written to be opened with the plugin. It is strongly suggested that your ‘Default Open Format’ preference is set to the Interactive Reporting Web Client (plugin):
Login to the Query Library:Pop-up Blocked Message
- Select File in the Oracle Toolbar
- Select Preferences
- Select ‘Interactive Reporting’ from the left menu
- From the ‘Default Open Format:’ drop down box, select Interactive Reporting Web Client
- Click OK
If the first time you open a document, you get the warning “Pop-up Blocked. To see this pop-up or additional options click here . . .”
- click on the message and choose “Always allow pop-ups from this site”.
- You will then be asked “Would you like to allow pop-ups from ‘fastar.wisconsin.edu’?”. Click ‘Yes’.
- Another window may appear with the message “Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?”. Select ’Cancel’.
- You will need to open the document again.
A feature of this version of the Query Library is the ability to add ‘Favorites’ to your Home Page.
- Click ‘Explore’ in the toolbar to see the folder structure.
- Click on any folder or file that you frequently use and click ‘Favorites—Add to Favorites’ in the Oracle toolbar. The item will be added to your Workspace Home Page.
Last revision date: 04/24/2013