Greek Life at UWM
Membership in a Greek letter organization can be a great opportunity for getting involved on campus. Greek organizations are founded on the principals of leadership, service, philanthropy, lifelong learning, and brotherhood/sisterhood. Going Greek can be a great experience and a wonderful way to make new friends. Greek organizations are slightly different from other student organization due to the support the chapters receive from their national headquarters and the connection they have with other chapters on campus.
At UWM there is a large variety of organizations that you can select from, like:
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
- Delta Psi Chi Fraternity, Inc
- Delta Sigma Pi
- Iota Phi Theta Fraternity
- Kappa Alpha Psi
- Omega Delta Phi International Fraternity Inc.
- Phi Beta Sigma
- Phi Sigma Kappa
- Sigma Chi Rho
- Tau Kappa Epsilon
- Triangle Fraternity
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc
- Gamma Alpha Omega Sorority
- Gamma Phi Beta
- Kappa Delta Chi Sorority, Inc.
- Kappa Tau
- Phi Sigma Sigma Rho
- Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc
- Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.
Most chapters recruit new members in the fall and spring semesters, so you have time to consider all your options.
The Greek Council and the National Pan-Hellenic Council are coordinating bodies for all Greek organizations on campus. These Councils plan and coordinate the big Greek events on campus.