This is a friendly reminder to register for Student Organization Jump Start. It will be held this Friday, January 27 , 2012 from 10 am until 3 pm. This event will be a day-long mini-conference format and is designed to assist student organization leaders in building leadership skills, connecting with campus resources, and developing action plans to help them start the semester off on the right foot.
Sessions Offered Include:
• A Conversation with the Senate Appropriations Committee Chair
• S.M.A.R.T. Goals for 2012: Setting and Achieving Your Organization's Goals
• Getting Together and Getting It Done!: Running Effective Meetings
• Building Websites with PatherSync
• Programming Roundtable
• Incentive to Lead: Learning the Basics of Recognition
• Risk Management and Event Planning
• Financial Management for Student Organizations
• Building Team Morale in Your Organization
• Branding Your Organization: Logo Development and Marketing Plans
This would be an excellent resource for new or returning officers, as well as general members who may be interested in running for leadership positions in the future. It is also a great opportunity to network with members of other organizations. Please share with other members who might also be interested.
Please register by Tuesday, January 24 , 2012 at Noon to ensure that you receive a lunch. Registration is limited. Don't miss out on this great opportunity!
To register, visit: https://orgsync.com/21733/forms/show/43523
For more information contact: Kirstin Leih, Assistant Director in the Center for Student Involvement, 414-229-5572, firstname.lastname@example.org or Rick Clark, Assistant Director in the Center for Student Involvement, 414-229-7175, email@example.com.
Have a great first week of class. We hope to see you Friday!