New Freshman Orientation
The School of Architecture and Urban Planning (SARUP) at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee offers a unique college experience. Students in the program are introduced to studio culture and immersed in a rigorous design education—from public studio reviews, to construction demonstrations, design exhibitions, or guest lectures.
SARUP offers numerous ways to be active outside the studio. Faculty led travel abroad programs serve to introduce students to different cultures, places and event. Student organizations plan tours of area firms and faculty lead trips to local building projects to get first hand knowledge of construction techniques. SARUP resources like the Resource Center, Media Center, Wood Shop provide for integrating traditional and evolving technologies in the process, production, and documentation of design projects.
The New Freshmen Orientation event will provide you with an in-depth overview of UWM. Throughout the day, new freshmen,will be introduced to their new peers, the SARUP building and all of its facilities. At the end of SARUP’s New Freshmen Orientation:
- Students will receive an outline of the classes they will have to take that consider placement test scores, AP scores, and personal interests.
- Students will be able to ask questions about architecture classes and other courses they will be taking.
- Students will create their personalized class schedule and will be guided through registration for first semester courses.
- Students will learn the importance of being involved in the SARUP student community, and the methods of doing so.
- Students will get introduced to all major facilities and resources within SARUP.
- Students will meet their SARUP advisor, and will understand the strategies for a successful advisor relationship.
- Students will meet their future classmates, and become familiar with their new learning environment.
We encourage you to establish a date to attend New Freshmen Orientation as soon as possible.
We look forward to working with you.
Tammy Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org