M.S. Arch Application
Application Information - Printable version (PDF:210K)
Priority Application Deadline: January 15 (fall admission)
Admission Requirements: Cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 (4.0 scale). Bachelor’s degree.
SUBMIT TO UWM GRADUATE SCHOOL:
- Application, Reasons Statement and Fee
Complete application form and reasons statement: http://apply.wisconsin.edu.
Reasons Statement: A 2-3 page statement that includes your proposed area of investigation, a clear description of your intentions, and why the M.S. Arch Program is appropriate for your course of study. Address how your proposed area of study fits with faculty interest areas, what types of courses/subject areas you might pursue, and what faculty members might fit with your area of study. Indicate if you have contacted any faculty in this regard.
One official transcript sent directly to the Graduate School from each undergraduate and graduate school attended.
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) – General Test: Institution Code 1473
GRE website: http://www.ets.org/gre. Preferred scores: top 50%-ile for each category.
SUBMIT TO UWM SCHOOL OF ARCHITECTURE AND URBAN PLANNING, STUDENT ADVISING OFFICE:
- Letters of Recommendation
Submit three letters of recommendation from people familiar with your academic and/or professional work. Admission Recommendation Form: http://www4.uwm.edu/sarup/admissions/applying.cfm.
- Resume, Curriculum Vitae, or Biographical Statement
Submit a resume, curriculum vitae, or biographical statement. In addition to the general information about your background, please include any background experience or expertise that relates to your reason for pursuing an M.S. Arch degree at UWM.
- Portfolio/Work Samples
All applicants are required to submit an electronic portfolio. This can include examples of professional work, design work, research, teaching, and/or other work relevant to advanced research. The portfolio should be carefully conceived, well designed, neatly prepared, and easily readable digitally. Please design your portfolio for digital review rather than submitting an electronic version of your printed portfolio. For successful submission, the portfolio:
- Must be no more than 10 MB. Any portfolio over 10 MB will not be accepted.
- Must be a pdf file. We do not accept any other file types.
- The portfolios will be reviewed digitally (it will not be printed); format your portfolio for view on a computer screen, and use a horizontal format in your design.
- Do not include photos of yourself, your CV/resume or your Social Security Number in the electronic portfolio.
- Include a cover page with your first and last name, and the program you are applying to (e.g., John Smith, M.S. Arch).
Submit Resume/CV and Portfolio as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line of email: “M.S. Arch Admissions.”
In addition to above requirements, a minimum TOEFL score of 100 iBT or 600 PBT, or a score of 7.0 on the IELTS.
UWM Graduate School:
University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee
P.O. Box 340 | Milwaukee, WI 53201-0340
3203 N Downer Ave | Milwaukee, WI 53211
UWM School of Architecture and Urban Planning:
School of Architecture and Urban Planning
University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee
P.O. Box 413 | Milwaukee, WI 53201-0413
2131 E. Hartford Ave | Milwaukee, WI 53211
Phone: 414.229.4015 (Student Advising Office)
UWM Center for International Education:
Center for International Education
P.O. Box 413 | Milwaukee, WI 53201-0413 USA
2441 E. Hartford Ave | Garland Hall 138 | Milwaukee, WI 53211 USA