- What kind of career would this minor prepare me for?
- Why would I want to pursue this minor?
- What are the tuition costs and program fees associated with the minor credits?
- How do I apply to UW-Milwaukee if I am not currently a UW-Milwaukee student or have not been a UW-Milwaukee student in the past?
- How do I declare my minor?
- What is the minimum GPA required for this minor?
- Where do I find the list of classes offered in a given semester?
- How many hours is each of the classes meetings?
- Will students communicate with their professors via web cam?
- How long do students have to complete an online class?
- What type of architecture software is required for the minor courses?
- How do these credits transfer to my home institution (for non-UW-Milwaukee students)?
- For current UW-Milwaukee students, how do these credits count in my degree seeking program?
- What are admission and program requirements
The minor in architecture would complement your majors in the Arts, Visual Art, Civil Engineering, Conservation and Environmental Science, Construction, Engineering Tech, Environmental Engineering, Graphic Design, Communication, Industrial design, Interior Design/Architecture, Land Use Planning, Landscape Architecture, Theatre Design, or Urban Planning Studies, enriching the scope of your undergraduate career and broadening your marketability.
Our mission is to provide architectural education from the State of Wisconsin's ONLY program and one of the nation's top 20 architectural programs. We encourage minor candidates in the University Wisconsin system 26 colleges and universities, architecture minor candidates nationally, continuing education for professionals and professionals in non-architecture related fields, and AP High School students.
Please refer to the following website: http://www.bfs.uwm.edu/fees/
There will be a $295 distance education fee added to your tuition.
You can go to the following website to apply: https://apply.wisconsin.edu/
Indicate that you want to pursue the architectural studies minor on the form.
Please see the Enroll Page for more information:
Students who choose the Minor in Architectural Studies must have a declared major in another school or college and must have a minimum of a 2.75 grade point average.
They can be found here: http://www.uwm.edu/schedule/
This varies on the course and instructor, but generally will be 3 hours per week of online activity, and 3-6 hours of homework/project per week as per university standard.
This varies on the course and instructor, but generally a wide use of current digital technology will be employed to ensure proper delivery of course material.
Courses will adhere to standard university course schedule unless otherwise noted by instructor.
Most courses will use only standard Office software and free downloadable programs. If there are specific software requirements, they will be listed in the course outline before you enroll.
Each student will need to ask his/her home institution about transfer of credit and/or adding credit to current major. Also, it's a student's responsibility to get permission for concurrent enrollment.
Consult your school/college advisor about how these credits fit into your current major.