Inspirational Learning in Nature:
Inside, Outside and Beyond
A Week With Internationally Renowned Claire Warden
Join the UWM School of Continuing Education Center for Early Childhood Professional Development & Leadership and the Wisconsin Nature Action Collaborative for Children for a very special week of nature education, discussion and inspiration with Claire Warden. Get an in-depth look at Claire’s work and fresh approach to early education and child development.
Using Claire’s experiential approach, discover the power of learning through nature, and how it contributes to the healthy development of children. Together, we’ll explore the impact nature can have on a child’s creativity, physical activity, cognitive ability and academic performance, and get introduced to nature resources and organizations in the community and throughout Wisconsin.
- Choose to attend specific workshops throughout the week
- Or select the full-week Special Offer, and immerse yourself in Claire’s nature-based pedagogy
- Travel to a new location each day and discover the wealth of Wisconsin's nature resources (Milwaukee, Baraboo & Madison)
- Earn 1 credit from UW-Whitewater (option available to full-week attendees only)
- Register by April 15th for early bird rates
“Claire sees children as competent and trustworthy, able to assess their own risk. She believes in creating a sense of community, respect for children, risk-full learning, and eco-friendly and sustainable living. She suggests that adults need to facilitate rather than teach, by modeling key behaviors and allowing children to experience ‘nature time’ and silence.”
- Patti Bailie, Ph.D., Assistant Director of the Nature-Based Early Childhood Program, Antioch University, New England
- Monday: An Introduction to the Special World of Claire Warden
- Tuesday: The Potential of a Puddle
- Wednesday: Nature Retreat (part of the full-week package)
- Thursday: Eco Awareness, Natural Creativity and Risk It!
- Friday: Science and Technology & Nature and Nurture for 0-3 Year Olds
See Schedule page for detailed daily descriptions.
Contact Miriam Malone at firstname.lastname@example.org, 414-227-3133.