This class is organized into four two-hour units:
1. evaluating audience, purpose, and content,
2. examining the role of organization and visual strategies in presenting information,
3. writing clearly by avoiding common mechanical and rhetorical problems,
4. applying skills to improve sample GE documents and genres.
Computer with WebEx and Internet connection required.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Know the purpose of your writing before you begin
- Organize material by purpose and audience
- Write with greater clarity and precision
- Simplify complex technical information
- Recognize audience needs
- Use illustrations and tables effectively
- Edit and polish final drafts