On completion of this course you will be able to:
• Learn how to quickly build positive change in a wide range of work settings, using the Six Solutions Tools;
• Know where to concentrate your efforts to be most effective by using the six SIMPLE principles;
• Tackle projects and difficult assignments with confidence as a manager, coach, consultant or leader;
• Demonstrate your competence in building solutions in 1-1 and group settings;
• Practice a methodology with wide applicability - to individuals, teams and whole organizations, in all kinds of contexts. You'll never be stuck for something to do in a tough situation;
• Build on your coaching skills and tackle a real workplace project using the SF approach.
Who should join the course?
Managers, coaches, consultants(internal or external), facilitators, leaders working in either private or public organizations.
Managers will learn how to quickly build positive change in a wide range of work settings, using the practical solutions Tools model;
Coaches will learn how effectively use dialogue to build motivation, clarity and rapid action with even the most difficult customers;
Consultants will be able to base everything from team challenges to strategic reviews in the positive and pragmatic power of what's working already;
Facilitators will find processes and tools to use with the most challenging groups.
Your esteemed instructor Mark McKergow PhD MBA is the world's leading authority on using the Solution Focused approach in business and organizational settings. He is co-author of the course book The Solutions Focus: Making Coaching and Change SIMPLE, as well as two other books and dozens of articles. He was involved in founding both the SOLWorld network and the organizational professional body SFCT.
The course reader is The Solutions Focus: Making coaching and change SIMPLE (2nd edition), Paul Z Jackson and Mark McKergow, Nicholas Brealey Publishing, 2007. You will need to purchase this book, which is easily available from Amazon and all other online bookstores.
Other materials including specifically written lesson introduction, articles, book chapters and case materials will be supplied.
How the course will work (PDF format)