This course will provide a forum for leveraging lessons gained from your experiences, such as how to be proactive about the type of leader that you would like to be, how to improve your skills, and how to enhance your opportunity for success.
Value to the Organization
- Establish a common approach to developing the language of leadership
- Develop a personal leadership vision and communicate it to your team
- Identify the leadership approach that will work best in team situations
- Develop a coaching and mentoring approach that will best fit the team
Course Highlights Include:
- What shapes a person's attitude?
- What does a potential leader look like?
- What is my most important relationship?
- Who influenced your beliefs as a leader?
- What do you think is the most important characteristic of a leader?
- What are your leadership strengths?
- What steps to take to get into the leadership zone?
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Understand the difference between leadership and management
- Create a personal vision statement to communicate your leadership style to your organization
- Develop leadership strategies to manage progress and conflict
- Adapt your leadership style to deal with business and personal situations
- Build a strong mentorship group to support the team and yourself
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving techniques to leadership and team situations
- Understand the role of a leader and the impact on the team
I. Getting Started
A) Guiding Principles (Expectation Management)
B) Leadership and You
C) A Personal Touchstone
D) Assessing My Leadership Potential
E) Team and Group Discussions
F) My Leadership Short List
II. All About You — Leveraging The Pareto Principle
A) The 80/20 Rule
B) My To-Do List
III. Communicating What It Means To Be A Leader
A) Leadership Audit
B) My Vision For Leadership
C) My Elevator Pitch — Selling My Vision
D) Perfecting Your Elevator Pitch
IV. Don’t Be A Duck In Eagle School
A) Identifying Your Strengths
B) Identifying Learning Modalities
C) My Learning Modality
V. Improving The Odds
A) Failing With Grace and Dignity
B) Learning From Failure
C) Being The Mentor That You Would Want
D) The Mentorship Cycle
E) Characteristics Of A Mentor
VI. Leadership Lessons
A) Next Steps
B) Lessons-Learned... A Great Idea To Remember