|The manager track works through the process of establishing a social media listening program to help organizations understand audience needs, support brand awareness, online word of mouth and identify business opportunities within the social media landscape. Listening platforms are key to successful outcomes for a social media program and need to be strategically designed and supported by an organization.
• Understand the impact that social media allows for customer control of messaging and word of mouth
• Understand importance of a response framework for brand mentions and online conversations
• Evaluate and select platforms based on user activity, feedback and research
• Creation of a social media monitoring program
• Create a response framework for daily and crisis communications
• Identify social media platforms by audience activity and type