Participants will learn basic Spanish in order to better serve their Spanish-speaking patients. This class will assist participants with the ability to greet clients, obtain information from them and provide them information in Spanish would allow them to work more efficiently, while improving the care they provide their patients.
Participants will learn:
• Gain an introduction to the language: learn to speak and understand basic phrases and obtain knowledge of Spanish grammar and structures.
• Use basic pleasantries in order to build rapport with patients.
• Learn key vocabulary to aid communication with patients.
• Practice questions and responses used in daily interactions.
• Learn strategies to communicate with Limited English Proficiency individuals more effectively.