Examine boundaries in relationships and discuss the importance of ethics. Explore models used for ethical decision-making.
Compassion fatigue is a form of burnout that manifests itself as physical, emotional and spiritual exhaustion. It has been referred to as the "cost of caring" for healthcare practitioners and others who work in helping professions.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- The common ethical violations that occur
- The difference between personal and professional relationships
- Ethical Decision Making models
- How actual cases were decided
- Why HIPPAA laws have confused clients and practitioners
- Who is most vulnerable to compassion fatigue
- The new research into the biology of compassion
- The concept of psychic numbing
- Symptoms of compassion fatigue
- How to prevent fatigue and burnout
- How to construct systems to create more time