With emphasis on practical problem-solving techniques, utilize case studies to comprehend key aspect of plastic failure and prevention. Gain a better understanding of why plastic components fail, and how to avoid future failures by applying the knowledge learned.
This seminar is presented by engineers with experience and credentials from The Madison Group.
Javier Cruz, Ph.D.
Antoine Rios, Ph.D.
Who Should Attend
Engineers, scientists, technicians and managers who design, fabricate and manufacture plastic components.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Learn the essentials of why plastic components fail
- Understand the five factors affecting plastic part performance
- Learn the process of conducting a failure investigation
- Know the importance of ductile-to-brittle transitions and their role in plastic component failure
- Understand how and why a product has failed
- Explore approaches to more quickly respond to and resolve plastic component failure
- Learn methods and techniques to avoid future failures
- Introduction to Plastics
- Overview of Plastics
- Plastic Part Failure
- Failure Correction and Prevention
- Part Design
- Mold Design
- Material Selection
- Validation Testing
- Failure of Plastics Overview
- Failure Mechanisms
- The Roles of Multiple Factor Concurrency and Statistical Distribution in Plastic Part Failure
- Failure Analysis
- Problem Solving / Investigation Techniques – FA and RCA
- Failure Analysis Test Methods
- Case Studies