Back by popular demand, the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Writing Project (UWMWP) sponsors a camp for aspiring writers of all abilities, entering grades 5-8. Meet each day in writing groups facilitated by experienced writers and teachers whose common goal is to inspire the imagination and have fun! Write daily in a creative, supportive environment, and cover a broad range of genres.
- Explore poetry, short stories, plays, graphic novels, essays and more.
- Receive individual instruction and response in small groups from UWMWP writing teachers.
- Learn basic techniques used by professional writers.
- Meet and share your work with young writers from throughout the county.
- Engage in the full writing process: brainstorming, drafting, revising, editing and publishing.
- The camp culminates in a celebration of writing and an opportunity to share your favorite pieces!
New and past participants are welcome to attend.