The UWMWP offers a follow-up camp for students entering grades 5-8 who have already attended the Introductory Young Writers Camp and wish to focus more time on a particular project or genre. Learn from experienced writers and teachers in genre-specific workshops that will build upon previous experience, and spend more time in small writing groups in order to work on an ongoing project.
- Build upon fundamentals from three genres: poetry, short stories and essays/non-fiction.
- Receive extended individual instruction and response in small groups.
- Learn advanced writing and revision techniques used by professionals.
- Meet and share your work with young writers from throughout the county.
- Engage in the full writing process: brainstorming, drafting, revising, editing and publishing.
- We will host a community event for writers to share your favorite pieces!
Past participants are welcome to attend; we recommend the Introductory Young Writers Camp for new writers.