Learn advanced concepts related to fiction and short story writing by participating in fun and creative activities from UWMWP instructors. Plus, receive additional instruction and feedback on lengthier writing projects or short story collections.
- Explore advanced narrative concepts for fiction and short stories, including characterization, plot and voice.
- Work in small groups, and receive additional individual instruction.
- Learn practices and approaches used by professional fiction writers.
- Study samples of fiction writing from contemporary and modern writers.
- Further cultivate a personal writing process from free writing to drafting to editing.
- Explore publishing possibilities and practice.
- Celebrate with a community event focused on sharing your favorite writing pieces!
The more general Teen Writing Academy is not a prerequisite, but you should have a basic understanding of narrative writing concepts, as you will be applying advanced strategies. We also highly encourage students to bring a completed short story or sections of a novel that you have been working on.