Today's professionals spend as much as 60% of their time in situations where negotiation and resolution skills are required for optimal results. This critical skills program prepares you for the daily responsibilities faced in negotiating for positive results.
- Introductions and logistics
- Application teams and team "work"
- Definition of win-win
- Parking exercise
- Identifying negotiation styles
- Useful negotiation skills
- The concept of BATNA
- Concessions and positive exchanges
- Are you ready to negotiate?
- Check list
- Case study - applying the strategy
- Wrap up
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Use influential skills to facilitate productive and lucrative solutions
- Understand the elements of your natural preferences and how to leverage them and avoid potential pitfalls
- Recognize the various ways others approach negotiations and conflict, and communicate effectively with them
- Apply knowledge related to the nature of conflict and the negotiation process
I. Definition of Win/Win
A) Parking Exercise
B) Identifying Negotiation Styles
C) Useful Negotiation Skills
II. Listening Skills
B) Listening Skills Steps
C) Types of feedback
III. Concessions and Positive Exchanges
A) Key questions regarding concessions
B) Key considerations in making concessions
C) Guidelines for making positive exchanges
IV. The Concept of BATNA
A) Are you ready to negotiate?
B) The art of haggling
C) References and Resources