Developing Facilitator Manuals & Related Training Material
You've completed your needs assessment, developed objectives and an evaluation strategy. Now it's time to assemble course material. If other trainers are using the Facilitator Manual and/or instructor's guide, what needs to be included to maintain continuity class to class and facilitate the learning process? What reference materials do the learners need during class? What about page layout and formatting? We'll answer all of these questions and more in this useful and informative session.
Questioning, Responding & Fielding
Often, the hard part about training isn't the presentation of the program content. With preparation and practice, we can learn the content thoroughly and become proficient at presenting it. What's harder is facilitating and leading the learning process. As trainers, what questions we ask, how we form them, where we direct them along with how we respond and field questions are critical skills enabling us to guide and mentor the learning process. We explore and practice the elements of this critical skill set in detail and prepare you for the challenges associated with learner styles and group dynamics.
As a result of attending this class you are able to:
1. Create well formatted learner & facilitator manuals that optimize learning
2. Apply a consistent experiential learning model to your program design and subsequent support material
3. Analyze and choose the appropriate job aid for various applications
4. Maximize learning application by expertly fielding and responding to questions
5. Return to work with feedback from experts on your current project(s)
The morning session covers: assembling course materials, guiding several instructors to work in unison, insuring continuity from class to class, page layout and formatting and strategic use of handouts.
Afternoon session: facilitating and leading the learning process, formulating questions, strategic direction of questions and fielding questions like a pro.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Create well formatted learner and facilitator manuals that optimize learning
- Analyze and choose the appropriate job aid for various applications
- Maximize learning application by expertly fielding and responding to questions