Often finding a new position can be discouraging, but for the most successful cover
letters and interviews you have to be outwardly confident in your abilities. Here are five
valuable pieces of advice you have heard from your own mother that can help your career
- ?I will always love you - no matter what.? It?s important to reflect on
yourself prior to writing cover letters or going to an interview. Remember that
there is always someone that has your back and believes in what you are doing ?
most importantly, you should be doing the same.
- ?Who do you think you are?? Reflect on what you?ve done and where you
want to go and visualize it. A confident person knows who they are, where
they?ve been and where they want to go.
- ?It's no use crying over spilt milk.? If you?ve been displaced from a
position, it?s often easier to reflect on what happened than to take a look into the
future. But the past is the past. A valuable candidate will look past their history
and rely on the positive qualities they can bring to a new position. Once you
figure out these qualities, make sure to also reflect it in your cover letter.
- ?How do you know you don't like it if you haven't tasted it?? Sometimes
the perfect job is not one that you think of or know about. Take a moment and
research a different job industry, a different field. You might just find out you like
it! Another great way is to take the MBTI.
- ?A closed mouth won't get fed.? If you don?t let people know what your
needs are, how can they be expected to help? Make sure you stay in contact with
your network and let people know that you?re looking for a position.