Directions for Bachelor's Candidates
Sunday, December 20, 2015
Ceremony starts at 10:00am
- Report to the lower level of the UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena, 400 W. Kilbourn Ave. at 9:15am (4th Street between State & Kilbourn)
- Make sure you have completed a name card. Name cards will be available on the tables located in the graduate line-up area.
- Locate your assembly area in the lower level (there will be School/College signs) and line up in a column of twos.
- Bachelor's tassels are to be worn on the right side of the cap.
- Photographers will be taking pictures of candidates as they approach the ramp to go on stage as well as as while they receive their diploma cover on stage. The photographers will be distributing a contact information card to students at the Arena. Please be sure to complete a contact information card, it will be used to contact you once your proofs are ready to view and purchase.
- No alcoholic beverages or helium balloons are permitted in the Arena.
Processional & Seating
- The processional will be led by the Faculty.
- Bachelor's candidates will be seated behind the faculty.
- An interpreter for the hearing impaired will be on the west front corner of the stage, and their will be two large screens on each side of the stage that will include captioning throughout the ceremony.
- Assembly and seating diagrams will be available the first week of December.
Conferring of Degrees
- Listen for directions from your respective deans for instructions on when to rise and be seated.
- Bachelor's candidates will get directions for rising after their degrees are conferred. They will move by complete rows to the side aisles and walk in single file to the stage. Candidates will give their name card to the reader at the top of the ramp and proceed to the center of the stage to receive their diploma cover. Candidates will then return to their seats using the center aisle. Please be seated after returning from the stage.
- It is expected that you remain for the entire ceremony out of courtesy for all graduates.
- The platform party will lead the recessional followed by the faculty and graduates. Marshals will lead students out of their seats to exit the arena.
Congratulations on completing your degree!