THE UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN-MILWAUKEE
AUGUST 21, 2001
PRESENT: Michael Day, George Davida, Marcia Parsons,
Dave Schultz, and Ann Snyder (Chair)
I. CALL TO ORDER AND APPROVAL OF AGENDA
Ann Snyder called the meeting to order at 1:10 p.m. The agenda was approved as presented.
II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Minutes from the August 14, 2001 meeting were approved as presented.
III. CHANCELLOR AND PROVOST REPORT
A. Ann Snyder summarized the Provost report from last week. The UC will request to see the Senior Survey.
B. Provost Wanat has requested that Ann Snyder serve on the Council on Information Technology Committee.
IV. CHAIRPERSON’S REPORT & ANNOUNCEMENTS
A. There are five new members on the University Committee and two returning for the 2001-2002 school year.
B. On August 30 from 8:00 – 1:00, Marcia Parsons and Ann Snyder will represent the University Committee at the new faculty orientation.
V. MEMBER’S REPORTS
A. Marcia Parsons will be attending the FABPC meeting on Thursday.
The Board of Visitors has scheduled their first meeting, which Marcia will also attend.
B. Michael Day announced that he would be applying for sabbatical in 2002-2003.
VI. OLD BUSINESS
A. Action Item
1. UC will contact the Chancellor and suggest that she E-mail the faculty and ask for volunteers to serve on the UWM Homecoming Court.
2. Discussed nominating faculty to committees
3. Marcia Parsons made a motion to submit six chosen names to the Provost to serve on the L&S Dean Search committee. Dave Schultz seconded. Motion passed.
4. UC members will contact names of people to serve on Divisional committees.
B. Discussion Item
1. Marder motion – Deferred
2. Disciplinary Policy - Deferred
VII. NEW BUSINESS
A. Action Item (s)
B. Discussion Item(s)
1. Two names will be forwarded to the Nominations Committee for the UC Special Election
2. UC members will contact names of people to chair two Dean searches.
3. Renaming of the School of Social Welfare – Deferred
4. The Annual Report was reviewed and discussed.
VIII. PERSONNEL MATTERS
In accordance with Wis Stats. 1985 (l)(f), at 3:28 p.m., it was moved by Marcia Parsons and seconded by Michael Day that the committee moves into closed session. The motion passed unanimously.
The UC rose from closed session at 4:01 p.m.
The meeting adjourned at 4:02 p.m.