Heathcare facilities and pharmacies can reduce drug waste by using these tools:
- A step-by-step process to identify ways to reduce pharmaceutical waste
- Waste reduction strategies proven to show results
- A database searchable by drug, delivery method or source area
- Forms for sharing results, ideas and studies
- Additional resources (below) for reducing pharmaceutical waste and complying with regulations in the USA
Note: To access the tools, use the menu below the title "Pharmaceutical Waste Reduction".
Households can reduce pharmaceutical waste at home.
Manufacturers and researchers can research ways to reduce pharmaceutical waste.
Policy makers can enable others to reduce drug waste.
The University of Wisconsin Extension and Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources collaborated to create this website, and we invite you to contribute your ideas and results. We thank the United States Environmental Protection Agency for funding it as a part of a grant to keep pharmaceutical waste out of the Great Lakes.