The goal of this project is to promote pollution prevention in Wisconsin healthcare facilities. Based upon successful programs in Minnesota, Illinois, and Ohio, this p2 effort will implement the following objectives:
- To identify and recruit interested healthcare facilities and others to join the WI H2E program in partnership with the WI DNR,
- To sponsor quarterly meetings to review and identify emerging pollution prevention opportunities,
- To promote pharmaceutical waste pollution prevention,
- To develop a student internship program to assist healthcare facilities in special p2 projects,
- To conduct 10 waste assessments at healthcare facilities in Wisconsin, and
- To promote and use the Practice Greenhealth (formerly known as Hospitals for a Healthy Environment, or H2E) waste data tool to evaluate the effectiveness of P2 efforts.
To find out more about this project, send an email to email@example.com or call Steve Brachman at 414-227-3160.
In the spring of 2008, SHWEC invited Wisconsin healthcare facilities to participate in a short confidential survey about their waste reduction activities. Here are the results of the survey.