Licensing Check-List

Update Information In PAWS

Make sure your legal name, address, and phone number are accurate in PAWS.

Wisconsin Foundations of Reading Test

(ECE, MCEA, ExEd EC, ExEd MCEA, ExEd EAA, Reading Program Students Only)
You must have a passing score from the WIFoRT listed on your UWM transcript before applying for your license. Please note that it takes 4 weeks for your score to be processed, so plan ahead.

Create Your WAMS Account and Profile

Online at


Only if you’ve lived outside of the State of Wisconsin after age 17. Online at


Your student teaching grades must be posted, WiFoRT (if applicable) completed and visible on the transcript, and your degree conferred and visible on the transcript before applying for a license. Degree posting usually takes 2 to 4 weeks from the last day of student teaching. Contact Enrollment Management for questions about your degree.

After your degree has been conferred, the Certification Officer will upload your data to DPI’s database. Approximately 2 weeks after the upload, you will be notified via email to apply for your license using the ELO (Educator Licensing Online) system.


Create a WAMS ID (Video)

Onboarding (Video)

Apply for Your Initial Teacher’s License

1st Time Requesting an Administrator License

1st Time Requesting a Pupil Services License

Post-Baccs, Graduate & Non Degree Graduate Level

Final grade(s) and/or degree must be posted. WIFoRT scores, if applicable, must be on transcript before submitting this form. Contact your advisor or Enrollment Management if you have questions about your grades or degree.

Complete the Certification & Licensing web form found on the Certification & Licensing Completion webpage or download the PDF version.

This is the information the certification officer will submit to DPI after you have completed all your requirements. Approximately 4 weeks after submitting this web form, you will be notified via email to apply for your license using the ELO (Educator Licensing Online) system.

Alternative Education

Alternative Education Certification & Licensing (PDF)