About the E-PortfolioPortfolios have been a certification requirement for Wisconsin’s initial educators since August 31, 2004 under Wisconsin’s Quality Educator Initiative known as .
Specifically, the administrative rules require that, “Each student shall have a portfolio of evidence that the standards [in one’s prospective field] have been met.” PI 34.13 (3) (b). Since 2006, UWM programs have gradually shifted to the use of electronic portfolios.
With these requirements and additional benefits in mind, we see the e-portfolio as a place to:
- Present and share evidence that professional standards are being met.
- Reflect on the Core Guiding Principle of Urban Education/Equity, your program standards, and your performance.
- Receive assessment feedback on the standards using a rubric designed for this purpose.
- Collect important artifacts that can be shared with others, including potential employers.
- Philosophy Statement (the Core Guiding Principle of Urban Education/Equity is included for consideration & reflection)
- Standards (the UWM-WI Standards are presented and the linked content standards adopted by one’s licensure program.)
- Field Evaluations
- Professional Development Plan