Dropping a Class after the Deadline
- Obtain (and complete) an Add/Drop form at:
- In person: Mellencamp Hall, Room 274
- Request your instructor's signature on the add/drop form
- Obtain (and complete) an Administrative Action Appeal Request form. Indicate "Approval to Drop a Class after the Deadline."
- In person: Enderis Hall, Room 366
- Attach an unofficial transcript, rationale for request, and any other supporting documentation.
- Submit the Add/Drop Form, Academic Action Appeal Request form, and additional documentation to your academic advisor in Enderis 366.
While there are certainly legitimate reasons to late drop a course, you may find it worthwhile to explore opportunities for additional academic support to be able to succeed: working with your course instructor, seeking help through tutoring or mentoring. A late drop could impact financial aid, delay completion of an important course prerequisite, thus jeopardizing timely completion of a necessary sequence or delay completion of your degree requirements.