Excess Credit Surcharge
Legislation requires the University of Wisconsin Board of Regents to charge students the full cost of credits beyond 165 accumulated in coursework towards a first baccalaureate degree. If you would like to appeal this charge, you must complete the Excess Credit Surcharge form (scroll down) as follows:
- The earliest you may request an appeal is after you reach 135 credits.
- Section 1 and 2 are to be completed by the student. If more room is needed to explain the basis for the appeal, you may attach an additional sheet. You will not be asked to meet with the Academic Appeal Review Committee so it is important to state your case is clearly as possible. Attaching relevant documentation can be helpful to the committee in rendering a decision.
- You must sign the form.
- Return the completed form to the advising office in the Department of Curriculum and Instruction located in Enderis 366. Enderis Hall is located at 2400 E. Hartford Avenue.
- Upon receipt of the form, your advisor will email you to confirm receipt and communicate the appeal review date. If you do not receive confirmation of receipt, please contact your advisor.
- The Academic Appeal Review Committee will complete a rigorous review of the facts of the appeal including reviewing your transcript.
- Requests will be granted only for the following reasons:
- Changes in degree requirements
- Plan change prior to August 2004.
- All appeals will be reviewed and a decision rendered by the advising unit within 30 days of receipt. All decisions are final.
- The decisions of the Academic Appeal Review Committee are forwarded to the Department of Enrollment Services for processing and student notification.