Waiving a Course or Requirement
Any variations from your approved curriculum must be approved in writing by a faculty member, the department chair, and the Dean. The Program Requirement Change form is to request a substitution of a required course for another course or to request a waiver or exception of a course or program requirement.
A Program Change Request form may be obtained online, through the Curriculum and Instruction advising office or directly from an academic advisor.
The top portion of the form is to be completed by the student.
Tips for completing the form:
- Include only one program change request per form.
- Requests for course substitutions of GER courses cannot be granted using this form. If you would like to request a course substitution of a GER course, please contact your academic advisor directly.
- Attach relevant supporting documentation to assist faculty in making decisions about your request. This should include:
- Course description,
- Syllabus (from required course and course being requested as a substitution),
- Copy of transcript showing completion of the course (if you have already taken the course),
- Other supporting documentation such as email correspondence with faculty.
- Course description,
Return the completed form to your academic advisor for review. He or she will forward it to the appropriate faculty member for consideration. It is strongly recommended that you meet with your faculty advisor to discuss your request before completing the form. If you do not know the name of your faculty advisor, please contact your academic advisor.
The academic advisor will review the form for completion and appropriate documentation and forward the form to the appropriate faculty member. The faculty member will forward the form to the department chairperson for review and signature. The department chairperson will forward the form to the Dean???s representative for review and final approval.
Approved requests will be entered on the Advisement Report by the academic advisor.
An email will be sent to you upon confirmation of the decision by the academic advisor.
The original will be retained in your permanent file in the Department of Curriculum and Instruction.