Scheduling Hotline(414) 229-4904
You should schedule an appointment if . . .
- you are transferring from another institution to one of the teacher certification programs in Curriculum and Instruction.
- you are inquiring about the Post Baccalaureate Teacher Certification program. You should attend an informational session about the program before scheduling an appointment with an advisor.
- you want to switch your major to a teacher certification program.
- you are seeing your advisor for the first time.
- The only way to schedule an appointment with an academic advisor is through the Scheduling Hotline at (414) 229-4904.
- Appointments are scheduled for 60 minutes in duration.
- Appointments may be scheduled up to two weeks in advance.
- On Wednesdays, the advisors are available for scheduled appointments until 6:30 p.m. The last appointment scheduled is at 5:30 p.m.
- Know the name of your academic advisor when requesting an appointment so you can be scheduled with the right person. If you are not a student and need to see an advisor, please let scheduling know your program of interest.
- Faculty advisor appointments cannot be scheduled through the hotline. Your faculty advisor should be contacted directly for an appointment.
- Reviewing your advisement report and transcript before your session.
- Reviewing course offerings for next semester and preparing a list of courses you are interested in taking.
- Jotting down your questions before going in to see your advisor. Focus on getting these questions answered.
- Bringing your program sheet to your appointment.
- Not waiting until the very last moment to make an appointment. Look ahead and plan. Sometimes your questions or concerns cannot be answered during your appointment and require contact with other professionals on campus. Waiting until the last moment may put your in at risk of missing an important deadline.
- Silencing your cell phone so you and your advisor are not interrupted.