ERE is a two semester program comprised of two (3) credit courses.
- Fall Semester - CURRINS 647: Early Readiing Empowerment, Part 1, and
- Spring Semester - CURRINS 648: Early Reading Empowerment, Part.2
- Courses need around 8 to 12 people to run. We recommend no more than 12 people per instructors to maintain quality and individual attention.
- Every person in class would be required to pay for the UWM courses. Some districts help with part or all of that fee. Fees are based on graduate credit costs.
- Tuition and Fees information is available on the UWM Bursar's Office webpage.
- Because the course requires many textbooks, most districts help their teachers with the cost or get some school sets for teachers to use. The most current basic list is on the syllabi.
- During the first year, every teaching taking the two beginning courses (647 and 648) must tutor a first-grade student who is identified as struggling with learning to read for a half hour, four times a week. Districts may need to help the teacher get that half hour tutoring time during the school day.
- UWM pays the instructor's salary.