ATTENTION! - Please note: the free bus to Library Legislative Day has been cancelled.
Please join us for Library Legislative Day in Madison!
This is a great opportunity and learning experience. Participate in Library Legislative Day to learn what is important to public officials and, in the proecess, position yourself as a resource on library issues! Share your passion, concern and support for libraries and library services!
Major issues in 2013 include gaining support for:
- use of the University Service Fund for BadgerLink and other library services
- expanded funding for BadgerLink resources
- library access to sufficient, coordinated and affordable bandwidth
- funding for statewide delivery of library materials
Build lasting relationships with elected officials
Participate in Library Legislative Day to learn what is important to public officials and, in the process, position yourself as a resource on library issues. Better yet, do your homework before February 5, so that you can frame library issues in terms your legislator can support: How do library services help people get jobs, improve our economy, support small businesses and improve educational outcomes? Only you can tell your library's story in ways that will resonate with elected officials!
- The legislative day committee makes appointments for you.
- They provide you with background information on key issues prior to the event.
- The professional lobbyists and experienced legislative leaders brief you before your appointments.
- You'll get tips on having a successful appointment.
- You'll even get a map of the Capitol and be matched with colleagues from your district!
Sign-up for the Library Legislative Day!
WLA Library Legislative Day
Tuesday, February 5, 2013
Best Western Inn on the Park, Madison, WI
Library Legislative Day Registration:
You must register in advance on the WLA website - Register by January 18th!