Marjorie Bloss, Past RDA Project Manager
Tuesday, October 18, 2011
4:30 - 6:00PM
UWM Libraries, 4th Floor Conference Center
2311 E Hartford Ave.
Please join the SOIS Information Organization Research Group (IOrg) as we welcome Ms. Marjorie Bloss for a presentation titled, "RDA: Resource Description and Access.” Ms. Bloss will discuss the following topics, among others:
• The recent decision of the three U.S. national libraries about the implementation of RDA, the testing process that led to their decision, and some of the political concerns.
• An overview of the FRBR and FRAD conceptual models that underlie RDA.
• The components and how to navigate the online RDA Toolkit.
• Differences between RDA and AACR2 for cataloging.
• Teaching RDA to working catalogers and LIS students.
There will be ample time for questions and answers after the main presentation.
Marjorie Bloss was the RDA Project Manager from October 2005 through July 2009 and has given many presentations and led conference sessions on RDA. During her professional career she has held various positions in libraries, library vendors, and library consortia; has been active in ALCTS, IFLA, NISO, CONSER, and was the chair of the Program for Cooperative Cataloging; and was a full-time lecturer in Dominican University's Graduate School of Library and Information Science.
Co-Sponsored by: University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, School of Information Studies - Information Organization Research Group(IOrg) and the UW-Milwaukee Libraries