SOIS Information Technology Department
The mission of the School of Information Studies Information Technology Department is to provide the SOIS faculty, staff, and students with needed IT services to further support research and the student education experience.
Goals & Objectives
- To provide SOIS with innovative and inclusive forward thinking to improve the broader mission of our school.
- To provide faculty with (i) desktop support, (ii) applicable technology training, and (iii) secure and reliable technology solutions for research and instructional use
- To provide students with the needed communications platforms and IT and support the distribution of knowledge in the classroom and in an online environment to successfully complete their academic career
UWM UITS Current System Status
- Emergency Maintenance: Malfunctioning network gear replacement (06/20/2013 4:00am to 06/20/2013 4:30am)
- A network outage will occur from 4-4:30 a.m in Chemistry building that will affect the basement on the north side. Wired network connectivity and the PROWLnet wireless service will be unavailable during the maintenance timeframe. For issues and concerns, please contact the UWM Help Desk at 414-229-4040 or use the web form at: GetTechHelp.uwm.edu
- Scheduled Maintenance: UWM Telecom Service (06/20/2013 7:30 pm to 06/20/2013 8:30 pm)
- On Thurs. June 20, 2013 from 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm, technical staff will be performing maintenance on the database that support UWM Telecom Billing Service. The maintenance involves performing routine database server software updates intended to ensure the continued security and stability of the service. During the maintenance period, the UWM Telecom Billing Service will be unavailable. For issues or concerns, contact the UWM Help Desk at 414-229-4040, toll-free at 877-891-3459 or use the online form at GetTechHelp.uwm.edu.
- Scheduled Maintenance: Patching of Radius environment (06/21/2013 06:00am to 06/21/2013 06:30 AM)
- On Friday, June 21 from 6-6:30 a.m., the Radius service used for the UWMWiFi and eduroam options for the UWM WiFi wireless service will be undergoing maintenance while patches are applied to the servers' operating system. During the maintenance, the UWM and eduroam options will not be available as authentication via ePantherID and password will be interrupted. This maintenance is being performed as part of normal operating system best practices intended to ensure service integrity. For issues or concerns, contact the UWM Help Desk at 414-229-4040, toll-free at 877-891-3459 or use the online form at GetTechHelp.uwm.edu.
- Scheduled Maintenance: Maintenance for PantherFile database: CPU parameter (06/21/2013 06:30 am to 06/21/2013 06:45)
- On Friday, June 21, 2013 between 6:30 and 6:45 a.m., the pantherFILE support team will be doing maintenance on the service's database server. The maintenance should not cause a disruption of the service. This maintenance is expected to improve the performance of pantherFILE. For issues and concerns, please contact the UWM Help Desk at 414-229-4040 or use the web form at: GetTechHelp.uwm.edu
- Scheduled Maintenance: UWMWiFi Maintenance (06/25/2013 3:00AM to 06/25/2013 06:00AM)
- Detail information: On Tue., June 25th from 3 a.m. through 4 a.m., the UWMWifi, Eduroam, UWMSponsored, & Public wireless connections may experience intermittent outages. Maintenance is required to upgrade the system to ensure future stability and performance. Wired connections, telephone service, and areas with ProwlNet will not be affected. For issues and concerns, please contact the UWM Help Desk at 414-229-4040 or use the web form at: GetTechHelp.uwm.edu
- Scheduled Maintenance: UITS LDAP service upgrade (06/29/2013 11:30 PM to 06/29/2013 11:45 PM)
- The UITS LDAP service will be undergoing scheduled maintenance in order to upgrade hardware and software versions. During this time the self-service password tool and account activation will be unavailable. There may also be a brief degradation of the pantherLINK Global Address Book. For issues and concerns, please contact the UWM Help Desk at 414-229-4040 or use the web form at: GetTechHelp.uwm.edu
- Scheduled Maintenance: UWM WiFi networks (07/12/2013 12:00am to 07/13/2013 3:00am)
- From Friday, July 12 at midnight to Saturday, July 13 at 3 a.m., network engineers will be doing maintenance on the UWM WiFi networks in the UWM Student Union. During this maintenance window, individuals may experience wireless connectivity issues in the Union. After maintenance is completed, connectivity will be restored. This work is being done to maintain the best connectivity for UWM WiFi service. For issues and concerns, please contact the UWM Help Desk at 414-229-4040 or use the web form at: GetTechHelp.uwm.edu
- Scheduled Maintenance: pantherLINK Email and Calendar Service (07/14/2013 12:01 am to 07/14/2013 6:00 am)
- On Sunday, July 14, 2013 between 12:01 a.m. and 6:00 am., the pantherLINK support team will be performing an upgrade of the pantherLINK software from version 6 to version 7. This upgrade is necessary in order continue to receive support from the software vendor. During this time, campus email and calendar will be unavailable. Incoming emails will be held in queue and delivered when the service resumes operations. All other UWM websites and services will remain available. For issues and concerns, please contact the UWM Help Desk at 414-229-4040 or use the Web form at GetTechHelp.uwm.edu.