1) Navigate to: http://SOISDesktop.uwm.edu
- Agree to the terms (after reading them).
- Click "Install".
- See "Fig. 1" below.
2) A small .exe file will download, this is the plugin. Once download launch the executable and run the installer.
3) Click "OK" after the installation finishes.
4) Login using your SOIS username and password.
If you are unsure what your username and password is try your ePanther ID for the username
and the term + year for the password. So for example:
The domain will ALWAYS be SOIS
If you are unable to login please email firstname.lastname@example.org and request a SOIS account. Please be sure to let us
know what SOIS courses you currently enrolled in.
5) Once you login a "launch.ica" file will automatically download. If it does not, click on the computer screen icon.
Once the "launch.ica" file downloads, click the downloaded file to start your virtual desktop session.
6) A new windows will pop up, this is the XenDesktop client. It will load your virtual desktop.
7) When you desktop loads a window will pop up.
It will ask if you want to grant your virtual desktop local access. Select "Read/write access" and check "Do not as me again.."
8) Be sure when you save
That you save to your computers local storage, and not virtual machines local storage. When you log off from the virtual desktop everything will be deleted. Your local drives will appear under "Network Location" in XenDesktop. You can also print from XenDesktop to your own local printers!