- SSC Home
- Contact Us
- First Year Student Success
- Tips for Success
- Event Calendar
- Learning Communities
- Summer Bridge Programs
- Common Reading Experience
- New Student Orientation
- Orientation Schedules
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Orientation Leaders
- Academic Advising
- Advising FAQs
- New Student Checklist
- Transfer / Adult Student Success
- Outstanding Nontraditional Students
- UWM Pride
- Transfer & Adult Student Orientation
- Success Checklist
- Spotlighted Offices for Adult & Transfer Students
- Request a Student Success Advocate
- Campus Information
- Cultural/ Inclusion
- Getting Involved in Student Life
- Health and Wellness
- Legal & Safety
- On-Campus/Off-Campus Housing
- Professional Development/ Employment
- Relationship/ Family Concerns
- University 101 Course Offerings
- Student Resouces
- Personal Development
- Academic Development
- Faculty / Staff
- Start a Learning Community
- Access to Success Assesment
- Learning Outcomes
- Fall Welcome Information
- Tips For Parents
- Panther Families
- Parent/Family Orientation
- Parent Guide
- Meet the Mentors
- Make an Appointment
- Professional Staff Bios
- Becoming a Mentor/Orientation Leader
- UWM Pride
- Prioritize Academic Success
- Reach Out
- Involve Yourself
- Develop A Plan
- Explore Milwaukee And Beyond
What is Success Coaching?
Success Coaching is an opportunity for you to meet with trained staff to discuss what is important to you as a student, set goals and strategies for achieving your goals. For example, some students ask for help with time management, roommate conflicts, concerns with “fitting in” or finding friends, while others just want someone to check-in with them to keep them motivated towards doing well in classes or finding leaderships/involvement opportunities. Meetings with a Success Coach usually are around 30 minutes long, and provide a thorough discussion on topics that are deemed important to the student’s success.
Here’s how Success Coaching works:
- Identify area of improvement
- Brainstorm and evaluate possible strategies or solutions
- Identify campus resources that can assist
- Set goals and next steps
- Follow-up, if necessary or requested by the student
*Typical Success Coaching appointments are 30 minutes or less!
To make your Success Coaching appointment, contact the Student Success Center in Bolton 120 at (414) 229-5385 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What do students say about Success Coaching?
96% of students felt their Success Coaching appointment was helpful!
Here’s what some students had to say:
“Amy was very supportive and was definitely listening whenever I was speaking and I really appreciated it. I found out a lot about the services that the school offers and I figured out some things I could do to make myself more successful because of the meeting.”
“She was very understanding, and did not try and push any choices on me.”
“I was very impressed that she really tried to help my success and study. I think this program is amazing for students, especially those who are new here.”
“It was a nice, friendly meeting. It made me feel like a lot of people want me to be successful.”
“It was a good talk that boosted my confidence in what i am doing. It made me feel more confident in how i planned my college career.”
“Staci was very friendly and knew the best ways to help me.”
Who are the Success Coaches?
I have worked with students from all walks of life and am passionate about helping students become more successful! I am a graduate student in the Educational Psychology—Counseling program.
Hello, I am Staci Bley a MAP-Works Graduate Assistant for the Student Success Center and Housing. I am a first year graduate student in the Administrative Leadership Program.
I've worked with college students for over 12 years. I'm from Michigan originally, but I've lived in Illinois and Nebraska before come to Milwaukee. I am passionate about helping college student have a positive and successful experience while they are here at UWM.