- SSC Home
- Contact Us
- First Year Student Success
- Tips for Success
- Event Calendar
- Learning Communities
- Summer Bridge Programs
- Common Reading Experience
- New Student Orientation
- Spring 2015
- Summer/Fall 2014
- Transfer / Adult Student Success
- Outstanding Nontraditional Students
- UWM Pride
- Transfer & Adult Student Orientation
- Success Checklist
- Spotlighted Offices for Adult & Transfer Students
- Campus Information
- Cultural/ Inclusion
- Getting Involved in Student Life
- Health and Wellness
- Legal & Safety
- On-Campus/Off-Campus Housing
- Professional Development/ Employment
- Relationship/ Family Concerns
- University 101 Course Offerings
- Student Resouces
- Personal Development
- Academic Development
- Faculty / Staff
- Start a Learning Community
- Access to Success Assesment
- Learning Outcomes
- Fall Welcome Information
- Tips For Parents
- Panther Families
- Parent/Family Orientation
- Parent Guide
- Meet the Mentors
- Make an Appointment
- Professional Staff Bios
- Becoming a Mentor/Orientation Leader
- UWM PRIDE
- Prioritize Academic Success
- Reach Out
- Involve Yourself
- Develop A Plan
- Explore Milwaukee And Beyond
Welcome to UW-Milwaukee!
Congratulations on the achievements that have led you to this step in your journey. New Student Orientation marks your entrance into the UWM community. This program will introduce you to the UWM campus, as well as to other new students and families. New Student Orientation is intended for both students and parents.
As a result of involvement in the New Student Orientation program:
- Students will be able to make a class schedule and register for classes.
- Students will be aware of the importance of getting involved and the methods for doing so at UWM.
- Students will understand what diversity means at UWM.
- Students will understand the importance of and strategies for a successful advisor relationship.
- Students will understand the expectations university faculty and staff have for them.
After you take the Placement Tests, submit the $100 Confirmation Deposit, and complete your University Housing Contract and deposit OR Housing Exemption Form you will receive an invitation to register for New Student Orientation. If all orientations have passed, please contact the New Student Orientation office at 414-229-5842 or firstname.lastname@example.org
New Student Orientation is one of the many steps you will take towards establishing a successful college career. We look forward to meeting you this spring or summer and assisting you in your journey at UWM.
To sign up, Click Here: New Student Orientation Registration
For Spring 2015 Information, Click Here
For Summer 2015 Information, Click Here