It is best
to participate in the tryout process in person, because it gives
you the opportunity to ask
any questions, get some skill tips, and
to get a better understanding of the team's style. It is understandable
that there may be some scheduling conflicts for some candidates.
As a second option there is the
order to qualify for this option...
You must send the dance team coach an email (email@example.com) before tryouts, to request a waiver in order to be excused
from the tryout. The email must detail what extraordinatory circumstance
If your waiver is granted, you
- Send your video entry to the UWM Dance Team
- Include your Dance
- Enclose a check
for $30 payable to the "Panther Dance Team"
- A short introduction including your name, where you are from,
and your dance experience.
- A 30 second pom routine of your own choreography or something
you have done with your team or studio.
- A 1 minute 30 second jazz routine of your own choreography or
something you have done with your team or studio.
- Show each of the following skills:
- Fouettes (2 eight counts)
- High Kicks (1 eight count, facing the side)
- Left & Right Center Leaps
- Left & Right
Double and Triple Pirouettes
- Left & Right
Front Leg Extension
(facing the side)
- Jazz Skill Of Choice (ex: needle turn,
turn combo, aerial, etc.)
- Hip Hop Skill Of Choice (ex: limber, tumbling, headspring, etc.)
- The video should be labeled with your name, address, and phone
- It is best to use a mailing method that allows for tracking
to ensure your video is safely delivered.
You should be the only person on the video. Please follow the sequence
listed in the video requirements above for the format. The video does
not have to be professionally done. However, it is important that
your full body is shown at all times and your face can be easily seen. The location of your video is not important, but be sure to pick a
location where you can easily perform all the skills necessary.
wear a solid black top, sports bra, or leotard with a solid black booty short so that judges can see
all your movement. Also make yourself presentable with your hair pulled
back cleanly out of your face in a bun.
Your videos will
not be returned to you.