Content Management SystemUWM has a campus-wide Content Management System (CMS) giving those who manage school, college, units and organization websites an easier way to create websites and update Web content.
A content management system is a set of Web-based software tools that provide an easy way to manage a website and keep it current and robust.
There are many features of UWM's CMS:
- Content updating with a non-technical application
- Workflow processes giving individuals rights to edit, review and/or publish based on their role and authority
- Templates and style sheets
A Web CMS has many benefits:
- Ability to update content without technical knowledge
- Consistency in content presentation
- Ability to manage versions of the content (version control)
- Capability to have Web content updated by those who know the material
- Control over editing and publishing of content
For more information about UWM's CMS or to get started with an account, email firstname.lastname@example.org.