UWMWiFi Automated Set-up Tool for Personal Laptops with Windows 7 or Windows 8
(Requires ePantherID and password)
About the Automated Set-up Tool
This automated set-up tool does not install files on your computer. It runs a list of commands that automatically configures your laptop to access UWMWiFi. Downloading this automated script should not affect the other settings on your computer. However in order to access the tool, you must agree to accept the Liability Release below by accepting it.
Prior to accessing the UWM WiFi automated set-up tool for laptops with Windows 7 or Windows 8, note the following:
This automated script is for UWM faculty, staff and student personally-owned laptops only. For University-owned devices, consult your local IT professional.
- This automated set-up tool is only for laptops with Windows 7 or Windows 8. If you have Windows XP or Windows Vista, use the manual instructions or visit the UWM Walk-in Help Desk in Bolton 225 or the Library Learning Commons (Mon.-Fri., 8 a.m.–5 p.m.) for assistance.
- To facilitate proper set-up, your laptop should have the latest Windows updates. Visit WindowsUpdate.com.
- To facilitate proper set-up, your laptop must be virus-free. Students receive free virus-removal up to 2x/semester at UWM TechRepair, Bolton 210.
- An active ePantherID and password is required to access the set-up tool.
- You do not need to be on campus to run the automated set-up tool. However in order to complete the set-up process after your laptop has been configured by the automated set-up tool, you must be in a campus area where there is UWM WiFi and log in to UWMWiFi (with your ePantherID and password). Once you have completed this login, every time you enter an area with UWM WiFi, your laptop will be automatically connected to UWMWiFi.
You may activate and run this script directly from this Web page. Or you may save the script on your computer or USB flash drive and run at a later time. However to ensure that the script does not contain a virus, DO NOT accept this script from anyone else's USB flash drive or run it if it is emailed to you as an attachment.
Liability Release for Running Windows 7 or Windows 8 Automated Set-up Tool for UWM WiFi:
I understand that by accessing and running the UWM Windows 7 or Windows 8 Automated Set-up tool for UWM WiFi, I am assuming full responsibility for the configuration of my device and by executing this tool on my device I understand and agree that if my device is damaged in any manner, lost or made unusable, by any cause whatsoever at any time as the result of the execution of this automated tool, this release applies. By this release I release the Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin (UW) System, its Officers, Agents, Employees, including without limitation, UWM University Information Technology Services (UITS) and its staff from liability, damages or loss which result from or is related in any way to the provision of the UWM Automated Set-Up Tool for UWM WiFi, including, but not limited to the destruction or loss of data or loss of functionality of my electronic device regardless of negligence or omission by any agent of the UW System. I agree that all transmissions or software are provided and accepted only on condition that the ACCEPTING PERSON accepts All RISK.
I, the Accepting Person, hereby confirm that I have read and understand the above statement, and that I fully agree to the provisions of this Release. I also represent that I am on the date of this release a currently enrolled or employed student, faculty or staff member at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.I have read and accept the terms above and agree to access the automated tool now. Input your ePantherID and password when prompted.
Should you experience problems connecting to UWMWiFi once you have initially logged into the service, bring your laptop to the UWM Walk-in Help Desk in Bolton 225 or to the Library Learning Commons.
Consultants are available Monday–Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. to assist.