Voicemail Tips and ResourcesChart to navigate your voicemail box:
Video link to Unity Voicemail tutorial: ftp://doaftp1380.wi.gov/doadocs/web%20tutorial/index.htm
Mailbox Setup and Quick Reference
Your access number for voicemail is:
• 227-5140 - if you are dialing from a local phone number. Remember if you normally dial '8' or '9' when making calls out of your exchange, you will need to do so with the voice mail access number.
• 800-862-4564 – when traveling or dialing long distance
Accessing Your Voice Mailbox/Picking Up Messages
Your access number for voicemail is:
-- 227-5140 - if you are dialing from a local phone number. Remember if you normally dial '8' or '9' when making calls out of your exchange, you will need to do so with the voice mail access number.
-- 800-862-4564 – when traveling or dialing long distance
-- Press " * " (star). Enter your 10- digit phone number (414-xxx-xxxx) - if you're calling from the campus phone number that has the voicemail on it, you can skip this step.
-- When prompted for your ID # - enter your 10-digit phone number - if you're calling from the campus phone number that has the voicemail on it, you can skip this step.
-- When prompted, you must enter your 7 digit PIN (formerly called passcode). Enter it and press # . If this is a new mailbox for you, or you've had your PIN reset, the default is your seven digit UWM phone number with a zero in front of it. So, if you're on campus, your PIN would be 0229XXXX. (You must listen past the "your pin is invalid" message. After that message plays, stay on the line, and follow the prompts.)
Set Up Your Voice Mailbox – enroll your box
Complete the auto enrollment process until the very end. The system will prompt you that you have finished enrollment. If you don’t complete the entire process (hang up, etc…) the system will not enroll the mailbox.
You are prompted to set up a recorded name, personal greeting and change your password. To exit, press *.(star)
To create a recorded name that identifies you to callers:
• The system states you have no recorded name. To record a name, press 1 .
• At the tone, say your first and last name. When done, press # .
• Your newly recorded name plays.
• Press # to keep it, or 1 to rerecord.
To record a personal greeting:
• The standard greeting (“Sorry,
• To record a new standard greeting, press 1. Speak your greeting. When done, press #.
• Your newly recorded greeting plays. To accept this greeting and continue, press #. To rerecord, press 1
To change your PIN (passcode0:
• Enter your new PIN, which must be at least 7 digits. Press # when done.
• Re-enter your new PIN, then press # .
To enhance security the following types of PINs are considered trivial passwords and will not be allowed by Unity:
-- digits are not all the same (ex, 9999).
-- digits are not consecutive (ex, 1234 or 4321).
-- Spells their first or last name, their organization or company name, or any other obvious words.
-- Contains their primary extension –forward or reverse of digits
-- Uses the same digits more than twice in a row (ex, 900012).
-- Is 1-digit increment of a previous password (ex, 20185 to 20186).
-- Contains fewer than three different digits (ex, 18181).
To Listen to messages press:
• To listen to NEW messages from the initial menu press 1 .
• To listen to SAVED messages from the initial menu press 3 1.
• To listen to DELETED messages from the initial menu press 3 2.
During or after message playback:
• Restart press 1
• Save press 2
• Delete press 3
• Reply (and begin recording) press 4
• Stop recording/ listen press 4 1
• Delete recording/restart press 4 3
• Stop recording press 4 #
• To save as new press 6
During message playback only:
• Go back 3 seconds press 7
• Restart from next 3 seconds press 8 9
• Pause message press 8
• Go forward 3 seconds press 9
• Restart press 8 8
To Send a messages:
• To send a message from initial menu press 2
• Enter 10-digit number, then record your message..
While Recording a message:
• Remove address press 1 3
• Review message press 4
• Stop recording and listen press 1
• Send press 1 #
• Delete recording/restart press 3
• Cancel press 1 *
To Change Preferences:
• To change preferences from initial menu press 4
• To rerecord your greeting press 1 1
• To turn your alternate greeting on/off press 1 2
• To edit greetings press 1 3
• To edit your standard greeting press 1 3 1
• To edit your alternate greeting press 1 3 2