- What is covered on a TRIO and Pre-College/Mini-Courses Campus Tours at UW-Milwaukee?
- Who are the tour guides?
- Do the student groups eat on campus?
- Is lunch included/covered?
- How do I purchase group meal cards for my students?
- Is transportation covered?
- How do I sign up for a TRIO and Pre-College campus tour?
- I have high school students. Can I sign up for a tour through UWM-Mini Courses?
- How many students can I bring on a tour?
2) Who are the tour guides?
Our tours are specifically catered to your elementary and/or middle school students. We visit different buildings and landmarks around campus, explaining the types of classes, different careers, and majors. Our tour guides also talk about financial aid, admission/enrollment requirements, student organizations, college experiences, and much more.
To sign up for a pre-college campus tour for your elementary and/or middle school students, please visit the “How to Register” section to download the Campus Tours Registration Form.
3) Do the student groups eat on campus?
Our tour guides are UW-Milwaukee students who have been properly trained to understand policies, program requirements, and are able to explain college student life in easy-to-understand terms. They are very familiar with the different buildings and programs on campus that will interest your students.
4) Is lunch included/covered?
Due to the number of college students in attendance, it may not feasible for your elementary and/or middle school group to eat directly in the UWM Student Union during the busy period of 11:30am - 1:00pm.
5) I want my group to eat on campus. How do I purchase group meal cards for my students?
Lunch is not included in the Campus Tour. Tours run from either 10:00am-11:30am or 12:00pm-1:30pm and do not include a scheduled lunch. Groups that wish to purchase and/or eat lunch on the UWM campus must do so on their own.
6) Is transportation covered?
Meal cards may be purchased through UWM Restaurant Operations. You can place any dollar amount on these cards and they may be picked up the morning of your tour. It is suggested to place at least $7.00 on your student's meal cards. For more information, please call UWM Restaurant Operations at 414.229.3733.
7) How do I sign up for a TRIO and Pre-College/Mini-Courses Campus Tour?
Transportation is the responsibility of the school/organization. The school and/or community organization representative is responsible for setting up transportation for their group. If your tour is scheduled and confirmed, your group may be dropped off and picked up at the UWM Student Union, located at 2200 E. Kenwood Ave., Milwaukee, WI 53211.
8) I have high school students. Can I sign up for a tour through UWM Mini-Courses?
Please contact the Mini-Courses office at 414.229.6236 or at email@example.com to receive a Campus Tour Registration Form. Once completed, the form will need to be faxed back to 414.229.3490. When received, we will contact you via phone, as well as send you a confirmation and keep you updated in the process.
9) How many students can I bring on a tour?
UWM TRIO and Pre-College / Mini-Courses Campus Tours does not provide tours to high school students. To set up a tour for your high school group or to find more information, please call the UWM Department of Admissions & Recruitment at 414.229.2222.
Group size is dependent on the number of tour guides available. If we are fully staffed with tour guides during your scheduled tour date/time, the maximum number of students a group could bring is 60.