Policies and Fees
- All EOC services are FREE to participants.
- The Educational Opportunity Center is hosted by the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. The program is funded by a Federal grant from the U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Federal Trio Programs. Therefore, participants are assisted to apply to and enroll in any educational institution, college, school, agency, training program, or any other postsecondary institution of their choice.
- EOC ensures that all participants, regardless of their race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, citizenship status, or disability, have equitable access to and participation in its federally assisted program activities as required by the laws and regulations that govern the program.
- Transportation to and from EOC activities is provided. Lunch and admissions fees to select cultural or academic enrichment programs are also provided for eligible participants.
- Participants are informed about EOC activities by mail. Participation in the academic and computer workshops, college tours, cultural activities, and annual educational resource fair is encouraged, but may be optional based on personal needs.
- One-on-one advising and assistance is available to participants by appointment.
- EOC cannot provide funds to pay for college or any other educational program. However, we can help you access federal, state, and private funds in the form of grants, loans, or scholarships that you are eligible for. We also help you identify other types of unique funds that may be available to you such as tuition reimbursement benefits offered at some companies for their employee.
- The Income eligibility requirement for participation in the program is determined based on the annual Federal Income Guidelines at http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ope/trio/incomelevels.html