Preferences given to students who are willing to:
- Remain in the program through graduation from high school.
- Participate in the fall and spring tutoring twice a week
- Participate in and complete the six week summer program each year
- Attend all workshops, college visits, academic and social activities.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or a permanent resident.
- Have a household income that meets low-income guidelines established annually by the federal government
- Be a potential first-generation college graduate; this scholar whose parent(s) did not graduate from a four-year college or university
- Be in high school (grades 9-12), and attend and Upward Bound Math and Science “target” high school: Bay View, Custer, Hamilton, Juneau, Madison, Marshall, Milwaukee High School of the Arts, Milwaukee Trade and Technical, North Division, Pulaski, Riverside, Rufus King, South Division, Vincent or Washington.
- Want to go to college after high school graduation.