Animal Resource Center (ARC) Forms
- Animal Adoption Form
- Animal Order Notification
- Animal Procurement Form
- Application for Use of ARC Facilities
- ARC Space Use Agreement
- Rodent Surgery Record
- Shipping Form for Mammals and Birds
- Transportation Check-Off Sheet
Aquatic Species Forms
- Animal Adoption Form
- Aquatic Species Surgery Record
- Receiving Form for Fish/Frogs
- Shipping Form for Fish/Frogs
All studies that involve actual handling of live vertebrate animals should be filed on the regular "Protocol Form".
If your study consists of the direct, unobtrusive observation of free-ranging animals under natural conditions and does not require that animals be contacted, captured or restrained at anytime you should complete the "Protocol for Field Observational Studies". This form will be reviewed by the IACUC Chair and Veterinarian to determine if it qualifies to be exempt from any further review.
If your study consists of observation of animal(s) in an educational setting and does not require any handling by observers and does not interfere with the animal(s) normal behavior or activities, you should complete the Protocol for Educational Observational Studies". This form will be reviewed by the IACUC Chair and Veterinarian to determine if it qualifies to be exempt from any further review.
NOTE: Proposed additions and changes in personnel, other than the Principal Investigator will be considered "minor" provided that an appropriate administrative review mechanism is in place to ensure that all such personnel are appropriately identified, adequately trained and qualified, enrolled in applicable occupational health and safety programs and meet other criteria as required by the IACUC.
The IACUC remains responsible for confirming that all IACUC review criteria regarding personnel training and qualifications are maintained and documented. At the time of an individual's training either the PI will inform the Veterinarian or she will contact the PI to find out what protocol(s) the individual should be added to. The Veterinarian will then add the individual to the protocol.
- Protocol Form (Updated 5/15)
- Sample Wildlife Protocol Form
- Protocol for Field Observational Studies
- Coversheet for Protocol for Field Observational Studies
- Protocol for Educational Observational Studies
- Coversheet for Protocol for Educational Observational Studies
- Adverse Event or Unexpected Outcome Report
To modify an existing protocol, insert the modifications into the approved protocol form and highlight them, or use a different font. Send the modified protocol along with an electronic message to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating what the modifications to the protocol are.
Annual Renewal Forms:
Use the corresponding protocol form for the First, Second, or Third year of renewal.
- Institutional Animal Care And Use Committee Annual Progress Report for the First and Second Year (Updated 8/13)
- Institutional Animal Care And Use Committee Annual Progress Report for the Third Year (Updated 10/12)
Additional Forms Which May be Required
- If the project involves the use of chemicals hazardous to the humans working with animals, please complete:
- If you will be using Radionuclides, please complete:RS Form 120:
- If you will be generating or using rDNA, please complete: Registration Cover Sheet for all Recombinant DNA Research and the appropriate registration form:
- If you will be using biological agents or biological toxins, please complete either of the following forms:
- If you will be using transgenics/knockouts, please complete the following form: