Emergency Response to Explosion
Call University Police (Fire Department) - 9-911 from any campus phone or 414-229-9911 from a cell phone
In the event of an explosion on campus, take the following actions:
- Immediately take cover under tables, desks, or under objects which will give protection against falling glass and debris.
- After the initial effects of the explosion have subsided, notify the University Police dispatcher at 9-911 from any campus phone or 414-229-9911 from a cell phone.
Give your name, tell them if there is a fire and describe the location and nature of the emergency.
- Activate the building fire alarm.
- Evacuate the building by the nearest exit. If disabled personnel cannot safely evacuate the building, assist to the nearest stairwell away from damaged area.
Alert emergency personnel of their location.
- DO NOT USE ELEVATORS. DO NOT PANIC.
- Once outside, move to a clear area that is at least 500 feet away from the affected building. Keep streets and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and crews.
- DO NOT RETURN TO AN EVACUATED BUILDING unless authorized by the Milwaukee Fire Department or the University Police.